Friday, September 7, 2018

No.2
A quiet spot at
The River Teith, Callander


-o0o-  

Excerpt from
The Cloud
Percy Bysshe Shelley

I bring fresh showers for the thirsting flowers,
From the seas and the streams;
I bear light shade for the leaves when laid
In their noonday dreams.
From my wings are shaken the dews that waken
The sweet buds every one,
When rocked to rest on their mother's breast,
As she dances about the sun.
I wield the flail of the lashing hail,
And whiten the green plains under,
And then again I dissolve it in rain,
And laugh as I pass in thunder.


-o0o-

I am an old man and have known many troubles, but most of them never happened. (Mark Twain and others)

One of the good things about getting older is you find you're more interesting than most of the people you meet. (Lee Marvin)

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. (Abraham Lincoln)

By the time you're eighty years old you've learned everything. You only have to remember it. (George Burns)

Old age is a lot of crossed-off names in your address book. (Ronald Blythe)

-o0o-

This photo probably dates from around 1900 - a time 
when a man with a camera always attracted a crowd


-o0o-

A Love Letter
from Napoleon to Josephine

Dec.29, 1795

I awake all filled with you. Your image and the intoxicating pleasures of last night allow my senses no rest.

Sweet and matchless Josephine, how strangely you work upon my heart.

Are you angry with me? Are you unhappy? Are you upset?

My soul is broken with grief and my love for you forbids repose. But how can I rest any more, when I yield to the feeling that masters my inmost self, when I quaff from your lips and from your heart a scorching flame?

Yes! One night has taught me how far your portrait falls short of yourself!

You start at midday: in three hours I shall see you again.

Till then, a thousand kisses, mio dolce amor! but give me none back for they set my blood on fire.

-o0o-



-o0o-

Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savoured. - Earl Nightingale

-o0o-



"She's pretending she doesn't see what I'm doing!"

-o0o-

The Best of My Choice MyDelight
is a Week End Blog which will be updated
EVERY FRIDAY

-o=0=o-

No comments:

Post a Comment

No.4 Words of Wisdom? By the time you swear you're his, Shivering and sighing, And he vows his passion is Infinite, undying ...